Meet Heath Keyser, Tour Operator and Professional Guide for Great Escape Personalised Tours which has been in existence since 1992. Heath has been taking the tours since 2008.
A family owned business, Heath’s intimate local knowledge of Cape Town and the Western Cape is complimented by his relaxed and informative nature. A passionate South African, he will show you the regular beautiful sights on offer in the Cape, but also the hidden treasures that only locals get to appreciate. However, flexibility in each tour means that you can decide on any inclusions that tickle your fancy.
Some of Heath’s favourite day tours and activities are:
- Cape Peninsula tour (including Cape of Good Hope, Boulders penguins, Chapman’s Peak Drive)
- Cape Winelands (wine tasting in South Africa’s premier wine producing areas of Stellenbosch and Paarl)
- West Coast wild flower tour (in season Aug-Sept)
- Hermanus whale tour (in season Jul – Oct)
- Tip of Africa (Cape Agulhas) overnight farm stay
- Surf Exploration (This is perfect for the discerning surf traveler who prefers to surf uncrowded waves and who has a penchant for adventure)
- Shark Cage Diving (with Great White sharks)
- Mountain hiking (guided mountain walks/hikes on Table Mountain)
- Abseiling (abseil down Table Mountain)
- Scuba Diving (dive at the many spots around Cape Town)
- Running/jogging (guided training runs in and around Cape Town)
- Open water swims (swim from Robben Island to the mainland, Cape Town’s favourite cold water sea swim)
- All tours are conducted in a comfortable air conditioned VW T5 Kombi.
- A maximum of 7 passengers can be accommodated at a time.
- Heath holds a Public Drivers Permit and the vehicle is fully insured for Public Liability.